I have started offering these turmeric and coconut bites to my clients after their treatments, and so many people have asked me for the recipe that I thought it deserved a blog post. Turmeric is a commonly used Ayurvedic spice, with a range of qualities and beneficial uses. Additionally, these bites/balls are super quick and easy to make, require no baking and make a delicious, sweet pick-me-up.
200 g desiccated coconut
30 g coconut oil, solid
80 g honey, thick set
½ tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste
⅛ tsp ground cardamom, or to taste
1 tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp vanilla extract
200 g white chocolate, small pieces or callets
40 g desiccated coconut
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Blend 200 g desiccated coconut in a blender/food processor
3. Add the coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric and vanilla extract and mix in
4. Using your hands (wear disposable gloves to avoid staining your skin), shape into approximately 25 balls, squeezing out any liquid then place on the prepared tray. Place in the fridge to set for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, clean the mixing bowl and continue with recipe.
5. Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
6. Place the remaining 40 g coconut into a bowl.
7. Take the balls from the fridge and using a fork, roll each ball in melted chocolate then coat in coconut. Place back on lined baking tray and leave to set in fridge for 10 minutes before serving.